Cadet Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a Cadet to join our team to assist us in all areas of the business, to learn from us, but also to teach us wherever possible – we’re always open to new ideas.
This role will ideally suit someone who is still studying and wishes to undertake part time work that compliments their studies.
If you have exceptional skills in time management, logical thinking, an excellent dose of common sense and an abundance of enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our business. And, if you’re not too precious to help out with any task no matter how small, can work under pressure and still have a good sense of humour – then we’d like to hear from you.
It is expected that the ideal candidate will also (ideally):
- Be highly skilled or eager to learn how to produce high quality and well-presented tender documents using Word and Excel.
- Be keen to learn our CAT software, including the slightly mundane job of data entry of invoicing and other accounting functions.
- Have an understanding of construction design – being able to read a simple plan and the accompanying specifications.
- Have an understanding of project management – knowing the basic steps of getting a handover of documents to producing a completed project on-time and under budget.
- Have an excellent knowledge of computers.
- Some understanding of contract law and completing construction contracts.
- Some understanding of Health & Safety particular to the construction industry.
- Be willing to give everything a go.
We will discuss remuneration and hours of employment with any successful candidate (we’re very flexible with hours of work as we believe a work/life balance helps us to be more productive in our work.)
If you want to be part of our team and enjoy the benefits of working for a great company. Apply now to join the team!